Credit cards are one of the most traditional and popular payment methods all around the world. Millions of people own at least one credit card, and they use it daily for all kinds of purchases or transactions, including online gambling.
Nowadays, credit cards are used in the online world through payment gateways which use encryption software to preserve the card information when entering the card number to make a deposit or payment. That is why this method is entirely secure if you make sure you are operating at a safe site with SSL encryption software.
The online gambling market is no exception. The best online casinos offer top-notch security to provide safe and secure transactions for their customers. Credit cards are one of the most common and used payment methods players use at online casinos.
This article will cover everything you need to know about how to gamble online with credit cards. Let´s get started!
How to make a deposit
Of course, the way to make a deposit can vary from casino to casino, but the basic steps are the same everywhere. The procedure for depositing money at a casino account is the following:
* The first thing you have to do is open an account at a casino of your choice.
* Then, you must go to the “cashier” section of the casino´s website.
* There, you must choose your preferred payment method (in this case, credit card) among the available options.
* Once the method is selected, you will have to follow the instructions. This means entering the card number, the expiration date, and sometimes the brand of the card.
* Enter the CCV number.
* Now, you will have to enter the amount of money you want to deposit.
* The last thing you have to do is to click submit to make the payment.
Pros and cons of credit card gambling
As with every other payment method, there are some advantages and disadvantages to using credit cards to deposit funds. Here are some of them:
One of the main reasons to use a credit card to fund your casino account is that your funds will be immediately available. Credit cards allow instant transactions when it comes to depositing in an account.
Another positive aspect is that these transactions do not have extra fees (at some casinos, primarily international). Even if you don´t have a credit card, you can purchase a prepaid one to fund your account. Another fantastic advantage of using credit cards to deposit money in your casino account is that they allow you to earn points and loyalty perks.
This payment method allows more flexible limits than others, and it is accepted at almost every online casino. The most popular and widely accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard, followed by Amex and Discover. This method is entirely safe to use because of the SSL encryption software every reputable casino offers.
Disadvantages: Most credit cards allow high spending limits; therefore, they can be a dangerous combination when mixed with the addictive nature of gambling. At most casinos, this method is not available for withdrawals. Another inconvenience is that, sometimes, the bank can block the transaction.
Tips when depositing with credit cards
Before depositing at any site, you must learn how to gamble online with credit cards. As we mentioned before, the best online casinos offer the best cyber security to guarantee your transactions are safe, but there are plenty of sites over the internet that may not be that safe. So, here are some tips (minimum security precautions) to take into account before making any deposit.
* Do not use your credit card on public computers or while being connected to public WiFi on any of your devices.
* In case you must use a public computer, it is essential to use private or incognito browsing when using your financial information and erase any number or password.
* Only use your credit cards at safe sites. Ensure that the URL starts with HTTPS; the “S” must be there to guarantee that you are navigating on a trustworthy operator.